Thursday, December 9, 2010

Oatmeal Pancakes


MarthaStewart.com is very much in my kitchen these days, though V's ipad is looking a little worse for it ("that floury fingerprint? Noooooo, that wasn't me!)
I was using Alton Brown's recipe for pancakes, but Erica inspired me to try oat pancakes, so I adapted Martha's recipe. It makes thick, slightly denser than usual, pancakes. We froze the leftovers and have been eating them with veggie sausages all week!

2 cups flour
1/4 cup sugar (I used white because it's all I had, but Martha calls for brown)
1 tblsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
2 cups milk (regular, soy or any other kind)
2 (organic, free-range) eggs
1/4 cup vegetable oil


Soak oats in the milk for at least 1 hour, preferably overnight (turns out this makes them a lot more easily digestible).

Mix the remaining dry ingredients. Add the wet ingredients and mix until combined.

Spray skillet with oil and cook pancakes over low to medium heat, flipping when they start to bubble.




No comments:

Post a Comment