Saturday, May 7, 2011

Green Glow


Jamie and I did a great spring cleanse last month, inspired by the book, The Seven Day Cleanse. We felt like a million dollars during it (though the last day or two were definitely challenging, ESPECIALLY as I was still preparing food for the kids!) and we've found quite a few new recipes that we continue to use regularly. One of my favourites is this green smoothie called the Green Glow. I am completely addicted to the minty taste of it, and the incredible colour that is created when it is blended!!!! Enjoy:-)

1 lime, peeled (I never have limes and always have lemons, so that's usually what I use)
4 green apples
1-inch piece of gingerroot
1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
1/2 cup fresh chopped parsley
1/8 avocado

(I usually add a bunch of fresh spinach leaves to the juicer as well, as it hardly adds anything to the taste but increases the green health factor!!! And I also tend to add 1/4-1/2 of an avocado, because more has got to be better, right?!!!)

Put everything but the avocado through your juicer. Then combine juice with the avocado in your blender and blend on high until smooth. Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment