Monday, May 16, 2011

Kale Chips



Full credit for this post goes to my friend Allison, who made crispy kale the other night when we went over there for dinner. She inspired me to make some at home, and here it is...! I only used one bunch of kale, and it didn't make very much (especially after I munched down the entire first pan, the second it came out of the oven). I could easily have made 4 bunches and it would be gone by tomorrow!

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
Pull the kale off the stem and tear into large-ish pieces (they shrink a lot as they bake). In a bowl, gently massage enough olive oil into the kale to thinly coat each leaf (for one bunch I used about 2 tblsp.).
Arrange on sheet pans so there is only one layer. I sprinkled with salt and nutritional yeast, but you could use just salt and pepper or anything else that sounds appealing!!
Bake for about 15-20 minutes. Keep checking on the chips after the first ten minutes though, because you don't want them to burn. They're done when they feel brittle.

Thanks Allison!

1 comment:

  1. ooooh, we love kale chips around here - you could also bake them overnight in your oven at a very low temperature, or in your dehydrator, to make it a raw snack. Another awesome topping is watered down cashew butter coating it, with sesame seeds. Yum!!!!

    xo Erica

    ReplyDelete