Monday, September 5, 2011

Excellent Strawberry Sorbet




Really good homemade, non-dairy ice cream has thus far eluded me. It either gets too hard, or has a funny aftertaste. Or I've made it with coconut milk and then it's coconut-y. Which is great, unless that's not what you're going for, which sometimes it just isn't.
So I got very excited when I found this recipe for non-dairy strawberry ice cream on David Lebovitz's blog. It's made with rice milk, so there's no weird aftertaste. On the other hand, it's not very creamy, so it's really more like a sorbet. Despite what he says it's also not vegan because of the honey. No matter. It was a big hit because the strawberry flavor is very intense. I found V. in the kitchen last night, after all of our guests left, eating the leftovers right out of the ice cream maker.

Here is the recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment