Monday, September 26, 2011

Oven-roasted Broccoli




S'nice cafe in Park Slope had the most beautiful looking roasted broccoli the other day. I was inspired to make some. So easy. And infinitely better than plain old simple steamed broccoli (though I admit I like that too)!
The ultimate test will be when my parents visit and I try to feed this to my dad. Until then, it's unclear whether I'm just a vegetarian nut or whether broccoli can in fact be for everyone. I'll keep you posted....


Oven Roasted Broccoli


1 head of broccoli
4-5 tblsp. extra virgin olive oil
salt
pepper
4-5 cloves of garlic, peeled and sliced


Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
Cut the broccoli into relatively large pieces. In a bowl, use your hands to toss with the olive oil. Spread out on a sheet pan.
Sprinkle with salt and pepper, and with the sliced garlic.
Bake for 20-25 minutes.
Optional: Grate some fresh parmesan on top or sprinkle with nutritional yeast.


P.S. : If you have a super-thoughtful friend who brought you Himalayan rock salt with its own grater as a house-warming gift, then your broccoli will taste extra good and full of love!!


No comments:

Post a Comment